Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Towel Tuesday.

Well, here it is, folks! My first crocheted 9 in. by 9 in. dishcloth:

My first crocheted dishcloth!

It is made with Lily Sugar n' Cream 100% cotton yarn in Hot Green and Lime. Makes it look a little moldy, if you think about it. I borrowed from many simple dishcloth patterns I saw, which is the one where you make your chain row, sc 1 in the 2nd sc from the hook, ch 1, skip 1 sc, sc 1, repeat til the end of row and do it all over again in the next row.

Now, I chained 50. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what, but I found the sc's that I was supposed to do my 1 sc in pretty hard to get the hook through. Anyway, I probably won't do this pattern again. Haha!

For the stripe, I just did a few rows of single crochets until it was wide enough to my satisfaction.

To prevent the color from bleeding, I soaked my dishcloth in salt + water for half an hour, rinsed, and vinegar + water for another half an hour as recommended by Lily's website.

Overall, I would love to do another dishcloth/towel project. I just need to find a use for this one first, since I have a dishwasher! Also, I love cotton yarn, even if it's a little rough to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Now, I chained 50. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what, but I found the sc's that I was supposed to do my 1 sc in pretty hard to get the hook through. Anyway, I probably won't do this pattern again. Haha! ac blanket with bed sheet , cotton comforter

    ReplyDelete